1) I love the smell of sawdust. I went out to the model home job site last week (they've started framing!!!) and I was reminded how much I love the smell of sawdust. It reminded me of my wood working class last year. I sadly just realized I haven't posted pictures of my final products (yet - it will be a New Year's Resolution). The smell also made me want to use my miter saw for a real project - I had an idea for Christmas gifts, but the frigid temperatures have delayed those plans until next year.
2) I'm a little nervous for my new volunteer experience here, after all I haven't officially committed to something for two years in a while. Sure, I've maintained employment at the same jobs for more than two years, I've lived in places (even houses) for more than two years, but I didn't make an official commitment upfront to these things. But it'll be great! I'm especially looking forward to my training class that I'll attend for the first 4 months to help me actually know what I'm showing people.
3) I love my mom and dad. They are always such great cheerleaders, are my best friends, and always let me call to cry, share happy news or just chat. I'm also grateful for siblings that do the same.
4) I've always been blessed with REALLY great girlfriends. High school, college besties, Arizona roommates (even Ralphie and Ruby weren't all bad), SLC roommates, friends at church, aunts who are like second moms, cousins, co-workers and the list goes on.
5) Lastly, I am SOOOOO excited to go home this week! Merry Christmas to all!!